A family (Elimelech and his wife Naomi and their sons) had left their homeland and gone to a neighbouring land to find food. They were away for 10 years. The sons grew up and married local girls. Then the father died and both of his sons. Naomi and her daughters-in-law were left as widows.
She decided to go back to her hometown which was Bethlehem. One daughter-in-law called Ruth insisted on going with her to help her because she loved her and Naomi was getting old.
Now we have the second episode of the puppet show - and you can read the Bible story here:
Below the video there is a download for an activity sheet with:
- for the word-smiths, a word search puzzle.
- for the craft-lovers, a picture you can cut out and colour.
- a colouring sheet showing Ruth collecting barley heads for food.
- There is a maze to solve,
- And a spot the difference puzzle.